You are here
What is a Finance Lease?
Features of a finance lease (capital lease)
A type of leasing contract where:
- The lessee will select an asset
- The lessor will purchase that asset
- The lessee will have use of the asset during the lease
- The lessee has to pay a series of payments for the use of the asset
- The lessor recovers a large portion of the cost if not all plus interest from the rentals
- The lessee then has the option to retain full ownership of the asset (by paying the bargain purchase price)
The lessor is the legal owner of the asset during the duration of the lease, whereas the lessee has control over the asset and is entitled to the economic benefits and risks of ownership.
Try reviso for free for 14 days
Reviso is a cloud accounting platform providing efficient online collaboration between small businesses and accountants.
Choose between two different trials, both containing all the core features of our accounting system. One of the trials is without data and can be upgraded to a subscription within the 14 days period.