This article will show you how to register payroll information in Reviso. It is always easier to have the payroll in front of you, so you can see what you have to take into account.
How to create a payroll journal?
Go to Finance > Finance vouchers > New entry. Select the adequate number series and the booking date of the entry.
Reviso divides the payroll into multiple lines. In this case, we will use 4-digit accounts, but if you prefer to use more digits, there is no problem.
- Account (7000) wages and salaries: Enter the total amount accrued, and the amount will be placed as debit.
- Account (7006) social security costs: the total amount contributed by the company to the Social Security, which is registered as debit.
- Account (3200) retained earnings: This account includes retention that is added to the worker in the form of personal income tax. The amount will be registered as credit.
- Account (2211) national insurance: The contributions made to Social Security by the employee.
- Account (2220) net wages: This account reflects the net amount to be received by the employee.This would be Total amount accrued – personal income tax – Social Security contribution of the worker. It is registered as credit. This account can be directly replaced by the bank account (1200) if the payroll has already been paid. Then you have to create a second entry linking the payment from your bank account to the account of pending remunerations.
- Example of payroll journal:
Do not hesitate to contact us, if you have any additional questions about the payroll integration or anything else. We will be happy to help you out.