Invoices that are booked and sent to our customers can not be edited or deleted. These invoices are official documents that can not be modified.
In case you need to make a credit note, either because you have made a mistake or because the customer does not make the purchase, you must create a credit note. You must not delete the original invoice.
Watch the following video tutorial on our YouTube channel.
How to create a credit note
- Go to the Sales > Archive > Archive.
- Find the invoice you have to modify or cancel. You can search by date, customer or amount.
- Once it appears on your screen, click on the icon called Credit.
- Once you click on that, a reversed invoice of the original one will appear.
- You will see that the invoice number is [C1] as stated for number series of credit notes. You can change the number series or edit the existing one if you prefer.
- If you click on Show invoice, you will be able to see that the document is no longer called invoice but credit note. It is possible to modify this text within the configuration of your templates if you wish to do so.
- Edit your credit note and click on book and send, when you are finished. If you create a credit note, the accounting entry is also automatically generated as in the case of an invoice.
Contact us if you have any questions further questions. We will be happy to help you.